A collection of recommended and related links.
- The North Pennines Area of Outstanding Beauty
- Lots of information here about life, geology and landscape in the North Pennines.
- Natural England
- Natural England conserves and enhances the natural environment, for its intrinsic value, the well-being and enjoyment of people and the economic prosperity that it brings.
- Vane Women
- The Darlington based writer’s collective are working in and around the quarry during 2008. Lots of examples of their award winning work and pictures of earrings.
- Weardale Museum
- A great little museum of life in Weardale. This award winning museum is run by volunteers to the highest standards.
- Travel Line
- Provides information on bus links to Harehope Quarry.
- Cromer House Barn
- Self catering accommadation in Frosterley
- Green Business UK Ltd
- This organisation is responsible for the Green Tourism Business Scheme.
- Useful information about Weardale.
- Wingrove Primary School
- A primary school in Fenham, Newcastle. We have been working with this school through Greening Wingrove on sustainability issues.
Think we’ve missed a useful link, get in touch and we’ll be happy to include anything that will be of benefit to our site visitors.